On 21st August, it is going to be 40 years, since the military forces of the Warsaw pact army invaded Czechoslovakia, and so violently ending the Prague Spring 68. The occupants have killed 106 people, 276 were seriously injured, 422 lightly injured. But there are no figures stating what the invasion did to the nation’s spirit and mind.
Because we should remember, how valuable freedom is, how important is to be able to talk about whatever one wants, how priceless is freedom, we can travel, study, do a job that fulfills us, we are going to bring back the memory of those hard august days exactly forty years ago.
On the Wenceslas Square and its surroundings, there is going to be an authentic impression of the past wars. With assistance of National Museum, a kind of open-air exhibition is going to take place, changing the places of hardest battles into their appearance of 1968.
Maybe, this whole event contribute to not forgetting our history, possibly leading to not repeating it.
Theme: Other exhibitions
- Cursed Gold in Prague Still Attracts [January 27 2009, 11:23 AM]
- Humorous Mosaic made Bulgarians angry [January 14 2009, 09:49 AM]
- Modern Middle-Eurpean art exibition in Prague [December 29 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Various pictures of Jesus' birth in Prague [December 23 2008, 11:52 AM]
- Nativity Scene Prague Exhibition [December 22 2008, 10:42 AM]
- Important Chapter of Czech Design exhibition [December 4 2008, 15:44 PM]
- Diamond jewels exhibited in Prague [December 3 2008, 12:00 PM]
- Jewels from age of st. Wenceslas at Prague Castle [November 21 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Inca Gold Exhibition at Prague Castle [November 10 2008, 14:46 PM]
- Bronze babies at Kampa [October 31 2008, 10:41 AM]
- The Industrial Palace will revive. By Erotic Exhibition this weekend. [October 30 2008, 08:22 AM]
- Legendary Indian Gold in Prague Exhibition [October 24 2008, 17:34 PM]
- Tutankhamun – Huge exhibition at Brno started [October 16 2008, 15:30 PM]
- The exhibition in Prague maps concentration camps [October 14 2008, 17:15 PM]
- Artist to broadcast Morse code from Petrin lookout Tower [October 9 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Metropolis and 90th anniversary of the Republic foundation [October 8 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Designblok in Prague [October 6 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Cursed Gold at Prague Castle Exhibition [October 2 2008, 15:19 PM]
- Designblok of this year – focus on Czech mode [October 1 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Germany going to lend the originals of Munich Agreement [September 24 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Martha Rosler in Prague Gallery Langhans [September 23 2008, 17:43 PM]
- Prague Airport shortly a Gallery [September 17 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Blue Mauritius is in Prague, You can see it. Only This Weekend [September 11 2008, 15:56 PM]
- Pumpkins Exhibition in Prague [September 3 2008, 16:39 PM]
- Zizkov Tower Babies going to Kampa [August 27 2008, 09:45 AM]