Sigur Rós, with Björk the most renown island musicians, are going to perform in Prague HC Sparta stadium on 19th August. It is their second concert in the country, and at definitely larger venue than the last one.
Melancholic music of this very specific group avoid traditional rock arranges and find inspiration in traditional sorrowful ballads of Island, and also by seductive magic of sorrowful north moods.
Music of Sigur Rós speaks about passing nature of the life on Island, of its countryside. They are able to get mighty as a storm, to sound uncannily but also to heal, like fresh snow put on wounds.
During their 15 years of existence, they haven’t considered playing other than ‘weird’ music, so ungraspable, far from commerce.
Tickets 690 – 990 czk, Ticketpro, Ticketportal. Venue: HC Sparta Prague
Theme: Concert of alternative music
- Vinyl Magician Wax Tailor in Prague [November 27 2008, 09:47 AM]
- Nigerian Songster ASA in Prague [November 6 2008, 16:40 PM]
- The Young Gods in Prague [October 1 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Conor Oberst - Songster in Prague [September 9 2008, 17:40 PM]
- Sigur Rós in Prague [August 7 2008, 11:57 AM]
- The Young Gods on Sazavafest [July 31 2008, 17:50 PM]
- Primal Scream come to Prague [July 22 2008, 17:35 PM]
- Tom Waits heading to Prague [July 18 2008, 15:25 PM]
- THE CRÜXSHADOWS (USA) in Prague [July 17 2008, 13:52 PM]
- Mars Volta Concert moves to Roxy from Mala Sportovni Hala [July 2 2008, 15:39 PM]