Langhans Gallery Prague presents the photographic art of Martha Rosler. The well-known American painter, photographer, activist, essayist and teacher, is known and considered to be one of the most influential persons of political and feminist-oriented art in America and Europe.
The exhibition in Langhans Gallery contributes to the debate about the role of art in society. Rosler redefines context of the social space, and traditionally puts in question of social, gender and power inequality.
Rosner is not concerned solely with photography, as she works with all available media ; among her favorites are film and video, slide projection, installation, performance, and political events. She is also known as an author of critical essays focusing on role of females and culture in everyday life.
The picture on the left is called Hothouse or Harem. Martha Rosler in Prague Gallery Langhans until 9th November 2008.
Theme: Other exhibitions
- Cursed Gold in Prague Still Attracts [January 27 2009, 11:23 AM]
- Humorous Mosaic made Bulgarians angry [January 14 2009, 09:49 AM]
- Modern Middle-Eurpean art exibition in Prague [December 29 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Various pictures of Jesus' birth in Prague [December 23 2008, 11:52 AM]
- Nativity Scene Prague Exhibition [December 22 2008, 10:42 AM]
- Important Chapter of Czech Design exhibition [December 4 2008, 15:44 PM]
- Diamond jewels exhibited in Prague [December 3 2008, 12:00 PM]
- Jewels from age of st. Wenceslas at Prague Castle [November 21 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Inca Gold Exhibition at Prague Castle [November 10 2008, 14:46 PM]
- Bronze babies at Kampa [October 31 2008, 10:41 AM]
- The Industrial Palace will revive. By Erotic Exhibition this weekend. [October 30 2008, 08:22 AM]
- Legendary Indian Gold in Prague Exhibition [October 24 2008, 17:34 PM]
- Tutankhamun – Huge exhibition at Brno started [October 16 2008, 15:30 PM]
- The exhibition in Prague maps concentration camps [October 14 2008, 17:15 PM]
- Artist to broadcast Morse code from Petrin lookout Tower [October 9 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Metropolis and 90th anniversary of the Republic foundation [October 8 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Designblok in Prague [October 6 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Cursed Gold at Prague Castle Exhibition [October 2 2008, 15:19 PM]
- Designblok of this year – focus on Czech mode [October 1 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Germany going to lend the originals of Munich Agreement [September 24 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Martha Rosler in Prague Gallery Langhans [September 23 2008, 17:43 PM]
- Prague Airport shortly a Gallery [September 17 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Blue Mauritius is in Prague, You can see it. Only This Weekend [September 11 2008, 15:56 PM]
- Pumpkins Exhibition in Prague [September 3 2008, 16:39 PM]
- Zizkov Tower Babies going to Kampa [August 27 2008, 09:45 AM]