Emil Kucera went through a movie-like adventure at his escape from India. He, together with Petr Svacha were seized for collecting of beetles in India national park. They however claim they have never entered the park. The whole case was full of obscurities, the outcome only underlined its absurdity, as one of them was discharged, the second one got three years.
Kucera gave an interview for the CT, so we know how it was – his appeal which should have taken a week ago didn’t take place – simply nobody came there, so Kucera knew the Indian authorities are not going to give him righteous case. He wrote his girlfriend, who send him his second passport and money for the trip. Than, he moved to Darjeeling, and as he knows very well the area, about 2 hours walk was enough to get to Nepal. From there, he flew back to the Czech Republic.
The escaping etymologist has send e-mails to Czech embassies, apologizing for his actions.
And now the cherry on the cake – Petr Svacha who should have been home a month ago, stays, thanks to inability of Indian offices, still in India.
Theme: Funny stories
- Vaclav Klaus sometimes replaced by Vaclav Havel for Czech Chairmanship. [January 7 2009, 11:28 AM]
- Prague Zoo Keeper lost his bet with Gorilla, he lost less pounds [December 5 2008, 13:40 PM]
- Czech Etymologist escaped from India custody [October 27 2008, 12:36 PM]
- Man Wanted to Smuggle Grass-snake in His Underwear [June 17 2008, 08:56 AM]
- Prague Bank Robbed with Plasticine [June 12 2008, 13:57 PM]
- Husband and Wife driving car: His Blood alcohol concentration 2%, his wife 5% [June 6 2008, 10:00 AM]
- And that's why ... you don't sleep with the first guy you meet in Prague [May 26 2008, 13:55 PM]
- If You are the Czech Prime Minister, than I am the Pope [April 21 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Installing a Living Room in Prague Metro [April 16 2008, 18:02 PM]
- Power shovel dug out Fox cubs in Prague [April 2 2008, 16:05 PM]
- Ztohoven Art Group Trial Started [March 25 2008, 15:47 PM]
- Bakers run from controllors [March 17 2008, 11:02 AM]
- Five-year old boy crashed his car [February 28 2008, 17:44 PM]
- A Snake Took A Shelter in A Czech Police Car for A Month [February 20 2008, 17:52 PM]
- Czech Scientists at Antarctica found and eaten 50-years-old soup [February 5 2008, 17:51 PM]
- The Shortest Prison Sentence in History [January 31 2008, 13:34 PM]
- Why do the Poles like Jozin z Bazin / Józek z bagien [January 25 2008, 18:02 PM]
- Józek z bagien – 30 years old Czech hit loved by the Poles [January 16 2008, 13:45 PM]
- Czechs Won a Prize for a Very Curious Death. [January 2 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Czech Hearse driver caught with 3,58% of Alcohol [December 21 2007, 13:02 PM]
- The Narrowest Street in Prague is Equipped With Traffic Lights [December 20 2007, 14:10 PM]
- Famous Czech self-murderer shocked America [December 6 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Dog Restaurant in Czech Republic [October 31 2007, 10:52 AM]
- What does the Lost Property Office in Prague hold? [August 20 2007, 15:58 PM]
- From Prague to Karlstejn by metro?! [June 25 2007, 16:57 PM]