The audience in London Royal Albert Hall thanked the Czech singer and pianist Marketa Irglova and Irish musician Glen Hansard by standing ovation. The tour of these two called The Swell Season.
The Audience appreciated the songs the duo sung together or with their group, some of the songs they sung with them.
The duo of musicians were in return amazed by Royal Albert Hall size; its capacity is 7000, and it was almost full. Irglova welcomed them by Czech “Ahoj” and than said “it is amazing to be here. When I came here first, I was in shock.”
Hansard fought his own battle as well – his family came there to see him: “That’s no fun to have the mother in the audience” he said, laughing.
The largest ovation came after the song “Falling Slowly” with which they won an Oscar.
- The Biggest Cappuccino in the World in Prague [February 10 2009, 13:50 PM]
- Czech Sablikova Won Allround Speedskating Gold [February 9 2009, 09:55 AM]
- Czech sportsman of 2008: Barbora Spotakova [January 12 2009, 11:55 AM]
- Schwarzenberg got high German Badge [December 16 2008, 09:49 AM]
- The best dumplings in Prague [November 27 2008, 17:48 PM]
- Marketa Irglova Amazed Royal Abert Hall [November 25 2008, 17:48 PM]
- Spotakova Awarded 'Athlete of the Year' by IAAF [November 24 2008, 13:31 PM]
- Arnost Lustig was Awarded [October 24 2008, 09:24 AM]
- Best European Documentary of 2008: From Czech Republic [October 22 2008, 17:36 PM]
- Havel gained German prize Point-Alpha [September 30 2008, 15:35 PM]
- Czech Journalist have gained prestigious Emmy award [September 25 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Vaclav Havel gained Seifert's Prize [September 22 2008, 11:27 AM]
- Barbora Spotakova holds the World Record! [September 15 2008, 09:54 AM]
- Joan Baez calls Havel and Mandela pillars of 20th century [July 21 2008, 15:15 PM]
- Czech Miss Buckova was among the finest at Miss world Competition [July 15 2008, 11:30 AM]
- Czech Golf Player Kordova didn't get her 43 000$ but still is a miracle [July 1 2008, 09:36 AM]
- Fabia Advertisement Best in the World [June 23 2008, 11:35 AM]
- Dominik Hasek: Goodbye. Seriously. [June 10 2008, 09:09 AM]
- Anti-Eco prizes award Klaus and Neumannova [April 25 2008, 16:55 PM]
- Bauer finally got his Globe [March 17 2008, 18:03 PM]
- Chinaski play great Czech pop-rock [March 12 2008, 15:46 PM]
- The first Michelin star in the Czech Republic [March 11 2008, 12:02 PM]
- Martina Sablikova won the world Championship [March 10 2008, 10:10 AM]
- Klaus didn't congratulate Irglova on her Oscar success. Why? [February 28 2008, 11:44 AM]
- Marketa Irglova praised for her Oscar speech [February 27 2008, 14:02 PM]