The Radar treaty passed through the parliament, and now it also has to get through the senate, to be approved. The Foreign Minister Karel Schwarzenberg start the meeting by saying: “We have to decide, which message we are going to send to Obama’s America.” when he asked he senators to support the programme.
The senate has to decide, whether they approve, first time since 1989, residence of foreign soldiers on the Czech territory – the radar in Brdy would be operated by Americans.
The Prime minister Topolanek emphasized the base is not aimed against Russia, which protests against it aloud. But he also objected to Russian activities aimed to cancel the plan realization. “For me it is unacceptable to be the Prime Minister who is going to obediently bow and open doors to Russian neo-imperialism. “ by which recalling the 20-years stay of Soviet army at Czech ground.
It depends on, which signal are we going to send to Obama’s USA, Schwarzenberg continued in the theme which Topolanek started. He continued, we are going to show, if we are allies, or whether we need some more time to think.
Theme: U.S. radar base near Prague
- Russia: You Czechs Belong to the Eastern Europe [February 12 2009, 13:33 PM]
- Clinton decides to shelve the Czech Radar [February 11 2009, 11:21 AM]
- Schwarzenberg negotiates in USA today [February 10 2009, 15:26 PM]
- Russia welcomes warming negotiations with USA [February 9 2009, 13:56 PM]
- Obama Prepares Disarmament, What About Czech Radar? [February 5 2009, 13:49 PM]
- Russia changed its mind – no rockets in Kaliningrad yet [January 28 2009, 09:52 AM]
- NATO stood behind the Czech Radar [December 4 2008, 11:56 AM]
- Czech Senate passed the Radar treaty [November 28 2008, 09:43 AM]
- Czech Senate Approving the Radar Treaty [November 27 2008, 15:53 PM]
- Russia offered USA Joint Shield – This may be Turning Point of Radar Negotiations [November 21 2008, 13:34 PM]
- Berlusconi expressed love to Russia by aversion to Radar [November 14 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Obama is the President, will it change Czech Radar negotiations? [November 6 2008, 11:43 AM]
- Czech Radar Matter Put Simply: Russia or USA? [October 30 2008, 14:33 PM]
- The Civic Democrats (ODS) have probably last chance to accredit the radar [October 29 2008, 10:43 AM]
- Czech Army: Spies watch planned Radar indeed [September 30 2008, 17:52 PM]
- Vaclav Havel defends USA radar in CR [September 29 2008, 11:47 AM]
- BIS: Russian secret agents led campaign against the US radar [September 25 2008, 15:21 PM]
- Movie about US military base [September 23 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Topolanek: The best campaign for the radar was the conflict in Southern Ossetia [September 4 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Last Page of Czech Radar Treaty Soon Ready [August 25 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Pro-US Radar demonstration in Prague [August 21 2008, 08:33 AM]
- Opposers of the Radar had a big day yesterday. [July 9 2008, 13:57 PM]
- The Mair Radar treaty signed yesterday [July 9 2008, 11:34 AM]
- Questions and Answers about the US Radar base in the CR [July 9 2008, 09:23 AM]
- Czech Government welcomes Condoleezza Rice [July 8 2008, 11:44 AM]