The senators of the ODS, KDU-CSL and the Club of opened Democracy have preferred the arguments of the government before the votes of the citizens and said ‘ok’ to the radar base in Brdy. The Upper chamber of the parliament have 81 seats; 29 social democrats and 3 communists were against, the rest were for.
The proposals of CSSD to postpone the decision for a year were not answered, mostly because it was clear they would postpone it long enough to get to the government and cancel it together with the communists in the end.
Mirek Topolanek gave the lead of yesterday debates by saying it is absolutely unacceptable to bow before the Russian neo-imperialism, only to get short goodwill of Moscow. Now, the parliament needs to discuss it once again, and if it will be signed by the president, it is good to go.
Klaus said, he is going to sign it, so we may see the structure built after all.
Theme: U.S. radar base near Prague
- Russia: You Czechs Belong to the Eastern Europe [February 12 2009, 13:33 PM]
- Clinton decides to shelve the Czech Radar [February 11 2009, 11:21 AM]
- Schwarzenberg negotiates in USA today [February 10 2009, 15:26 PM]
- Russia welcomes warming negotiations with USA [February 9 2009, 13:56 PM]
- Obama Prepares Disarmament, What About Czech Radar? [February 5 2009, 13:49 PM]
- Russia changed its mind – no rockets in Kaliningrad yet [January 28 2009, 09:52 AM]
- NATO stood behind the Czech Radar [December 4 2008, 11:56 AM]
- Czech Senate passed the Radar treaty [November 28 2008, 09:43 AM]
- Czech Senate Approving the Radar Treaty [November 27 2008, 15:53 PM]
- Russia offered USA Joint Shield – This may be Turning Point of Radar Negotiations [November 21 2008, 13:34 PM]
- Berlusconi expressed love to Russia by aversion to Radar [November 14 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Obama is the President, will it change Czech Radar negotiations? [November 6 2008, 11:43 AM]
- Czech Radar Matter Put Simply: Russia or USA? [October 30 2008, 14:33 PM]
- The Civic Democrats (ODS) have probably last chance to accredit the radar [October 29 2008, 10:43 AM]
- Czech Army: Spies watch planned Radar indeed [September 30 2008, 17:52 PM]
- Vaclav Havel defends USA radar in CR [September 29 2008, 11:47 AM]
- BIS: Russian secret agents led campaign against the US radar [September 25 2008, 15:21 PM]
- Movie about US military base [September 23 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Topolanek: The best campaign for the radar was the conflict in Southern Ossetia [September 4 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Last Page of Czech Radar Treaty Soon Ready [August 25 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Pro-US Radar demonstration in Prague [August 21 2008, 08:33 AM]
- Opposers of the Radar had a big day yesterday. [July 9 2008, 13:57 PM]
- The Mair Radar treaty signed yesterday [July 9 2008, 11:34 AM]
- Questions and Answers about the US Radar base in the CR [July 9 2008, 09:23 AM]
- Czech Government welcomes Condoleezza Rice [July 8 2008, 11:44 AM]