The evening at the Old Town Square belonged to the eve before advent Sunday.
The Christmas tree was lighted up shortly before 6 p.m. on the Old Town Square by Pavel Bem and children. Than, he wished calm festivities to the folks. “I wish the tree would light up a piece of hope in the hearts of those, who are dependant upon help of the others and can’t be with their near and dear.” Bem said.
The Christmas tree, this year name of the tree is ‘Krystof’, lightened up with seventy thousands of diodes. This year Christmas markets are going to last for 34 days, ends on 1st January.
Thousands of people came to the square, to see the light show, which they awarded by applause. The traditional specialities, sold in the kiosks with red roofs were welcomed – hot mead and wine especially.
The Old Town Square offers 100 vending places, opened from 9 to 19 hours, on weekends until 20. The stances with refreshments are opened until midnight.
The most significant celebrations are expected to be on the new year’s eve.
Theme: Christmas in Prague
- Christmas Markets in Prague Initiated [December 1 2008, 11:45 AM]
- Christmas Tree in Prague Next week [November 18 2008, 15:32 PM]
- Living Nativity Scene at the Prague Castle [December 27 2006, 18:00 PM]
- Prague - a popular Christmas destination [December 27 2006, 13:43 PM]
- Open clubs during Christmas [December 22 2006, 14:16 PM]
- What to do in Prague during winter holidays [December 22 2006, 11:16 AM]
- Bethlehem light in Prague [December 21 2006, 10:30 AM]
- Christmas cribs in Liechtenstein Palace in Prague [December 18 2006, 15:27 PM]
- Christmas decorations and fireworks in Prague [December 18 2006, 11:23 AM]
- Christmas organ music [December 14 2006, 14:19 PM]
- Prague's lampman is back [December 8 2006, 10:17 AM]
- Children's choirs in Old Town Square in Prague [December 7 2006, 17:13 PM]
- Christmas markets at Prague Exhibition Ground [December 7 2006, 12:24 PM]
- Thousands of people wanted to see the Christmas tree [December 4 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Christmas Prague [December 1 2006, 14:20 PM]
- International Christmas Bazaar Prague 2006 [November 27 2006, 12:14 PM]
- Christmas cribs in Prague Castle [November 23 2006, 12:06 PM]
- Safer Christmas tree for the Old Town Square [November 22 2006, 13:28 PM]
- Christmas markets in namesti Miru started [November 21 2006, 10:40 AM]
- Christmas inspiration in Prague Botanic Garden [November 20 2006, 17:30 PM]
- New design of Christmas markets [November 6 2006, 10:48 AM]
- Christmas markets [October 24 2006, 10:33 AM]