The pieces by Goran Bregovic are labelled like the exemplary type of postmodern music. You can dance on rhythms of Gypsy and and folk songs from Balkan, Greece and Turkey, you can lost in dreams during a rock ballad, to be in the end amazed by angel-clean voices of the children’s choir, accompanied by synthezator music.
Bregovic got fame by music to movies by Emir Kosturica, like Time of Gipses and Arizona Dream. To the success of these movies definitely contributed Bregovic’s songs. He was awarded prizes for the best film music in movies Underground and Queen Margot.
His performances in the Czech Republic have always gained maximum success. Not only Czech audience loves his music, films and spontaneous energy, but they are also very vocal about it, so the atmosphere is something wonderful. Thanks for his scenic harmony talent his performances are attractive and fascinating.
Tickets: from 1 450,- to – 550,-, Veue: Congress Centre (Kongresové centrum, Praha 4). Date: 25th December 2009.
Theme: Concert of world music
- Tony Allen, 'the best drummer' comes to Prague [January 19 2009, 17:33 PM]
- Goran Bregovic and Karmen (with happy ending) [December 10 2008, 17:44 PM]
- Spectacular Irish Tap Dance in Prague [August 29 2008, 09:52 AM]
- R.E.M. This Sunday in Prague [August 15 2008, 15:25 PM]
- Flogging Molly change date of Concert [June 30 2008, 14:13 PM]
- Flogging Molly in Prague - Irish folk-punk you will love [June 27 2008, 15:42 PM]
- Sylvain Chauveau and Félicie Atkins: Music Infinity [June 16 2008, 09:29 AM]
- EuroConnections in Prague Acropolis: Messer Chups (Rus) + Bad Tones (Cz) [May 30 2008, 10:20 AM]
- African Jimmi Hendrix Bassekou Kouyate concert in Prague [May 23 2008, 14:05 PM]
- Tom Waits – His First Prague Concert [May 23 2008, 12:02 PM]
- Irglova with Hansard in June in Prague [May 9 2008, 16:03 PM]
- Kava Kava; Pat Fulgoni in Prague [April 22 2008, 18:01 PM]
- Señor Coconut and his Orchestra (feat. Argenis Brito) in Prague [April 15 2008, 15:57 PM]
- Arno (FR) Concert [April 8 2008, 09:55 AM]
- World Music in Prague [March 26 2008, 13:09 PM]
- Watcha Clan Nomadic DnB Jungle in Prague [March 19 2008, 15:55 PM]
- Kaizer Orchestra going to Prague Acropolis [March 14 2008, 09:29 AM]
- Bobby McFerrin Concert in Prague [March 11 2008, 09:25 AM]
- Wadaiko Yamato Stunning Drummers show in Prague [February 7 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Amsterdam Klezmer Band in Prague [January 29 2008, 14:03 PM]
- The New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble in Prague [December 20 2007, 07:24 AM]
- World's fastest Brass Band comes back to Prague [December 11 2007, 09:45 AM]
- Czech out Christmas Concert of Cechomor [December 7 2007, 16:15 PM]
- Cibelle in Prague [December 5 2007, 09:30 AM]
- Roma Music in Prague [December 3 2007, 17:39 PM]