The new bikeline running from Hlavni Nadrazi to Vysocany should open next year, opening some very new perspectives of Prague, as it would run in the track originally used for railway, which was now cleaned out – it is no longer necessary due to the ultra fast Prague track worth billions. But the bikeline is not cheap – it is going to cost about a few hundreds of millions czk.
The construction is going to go in two phases – in the first one will be only from Hlavni Nadrazi to Krejcarek, in the second phase it should go up to O2 Arena. Krivohlavek from Auto*Mat states that “to build bikelines from the former railway tracks is more than effective, tracks go mostly on flat surface, making biking there nice and easy.
The new bikeline would go through housing, as well as industrial areas, parks, but also through a tunnel, where one even get to a complete darkness, as it turns twice in one point. “It should be adventurous, but not dangerous” says Krivohlavek.
Theme: By bicycle in Prague
- New Bikelines in Prague [January 27 2009, 14:51 PM]
- Interesting New Prague Bikeline [December 15 2008, 15:19 PM]
- AutoMat in Streets of Prague Again [September 22 2008, 13:47 PM]
- From Prague to Paris by Bike Information [February 20 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Finally! More Bikelines in Prague [November 21 2007, 15:10 PM]
- Prague riverside in center gets a bikeline [November 13 2007, 12:03 PM]
- New Prague Bikelines... Will bring changes...? [October 2 2007, 17:45 PM]
- Prague Blocked by Cyclists [September 24 2007, 10:34 AM]