Czech Christmas celebrations are concentrated to one evening; the Christmas Eve, forgot the American style when you get the gifts on 25th in the morning.
In the Czech Republic (and Slovakia) the day goes like this: If there is snow outside, one should take something out and start sledging the hills. Than home, and turn the TV on. To watch the fairy-tales! But they must be Czech fairy-tales, as they are among the least violent of prolly all the fairy-tales in the world. All who can must join, and enjoy them.
When the evening comes, there is the time for the ceremonial dinner. It should be a carp, or any other fish with potato salad, served with good beer, or vine. Lite up the candles and talk.
The main phase starts after dinner: There are gifts under the tree! Time to unwrap it, slowly and nicely, and finally marvel at all the things your closest ones gave you, and to enjoy the others unwrapping those you gave to them.
When it is all over, you can finally heave a sigh of relief, and go to sleep, with the nice perspective this circus won’t be back until the next year.
Theme: Festivals others
- Prague Wine Week festival started yesterday [January 13 2009, 10:06 AM]
- Czech Christmas Eve [December 23 2008, 13:33 PM]
- Christmas in Prague – Selected Events [November 27 2008, 13:44 PM]
- The Christmas tree arrived to Old Town Square in Prague [November 26 2008, 09:45 AM]
- Czech Military parade on 28th October [October 23 2008, 15:49 PM]
- Comics master of underground perversion Crumb in Prague [October 7 2008, 15:24 PM]
- Prague celebrations in Historical way – mead, lutes [September 30 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Strings of Autumn – Music festival in Prague comes nearer [September 26 2008, 11:51 AM]
- Tip for your day – Letni Letna Festival in Prague [August 26 2008, 08:08 AM]
- The Best Circus in Prague Starts today [August 20 2008, 15:39 PM]
- Prague prepares for its first festival of graffiti and street art [August 12 2008, 09:51 AM]
- Summer of Love Dance Music festival [August 6 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Three day festival of street theatre Started [July 17 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Jugglig Festival in Prague [July 7 2008, 08:54 AM]
- The Street Art Festival of Prague [July 3 2008, 11:52 AM]
- The jubilee 15th Year of Mystic Sk8 Cup in Prague [July 1 2008, 17:42 PM]
- Prague Beer Days this Week Already [May 26 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Jizni Mesto of Prague Street Art Festival [May 15 2008, 13:48 PM]
- United Islands of Prague [May 14 2008, 13:55 PM]
- The Marionette Festival Prague [May 13 2008, 11:55 AM]
- Bohemian Carnevale in Prague [January 28 2008, 14:05 PM]
- Zizkov Carnival – Zizkovsky Masopust [January 22 2008, 13:55 PM]
- Prague International Book Fair [January 21 2008, 09:39 AM]
- Marriage Festival at Prague Vystaviste [January 11 2008, 15:45 PM]
- Prague Mayor lighting up the Christmas tree [December 3 2007, 12:03 PM]