Decriminalization is not legalization. Decriminalization means, that for smoking and possessing of this most widespread light drug here could be hardly any penalization. The senate passed the new drug law with even less debating than the parliament, meaning they agreed marijuana is not as dangerous as other drugs.
The codex so corresponds with the December verdict of the Constitutional court, according to which to grow cannabis is not a criminal act and doesn’t necessarily mean to produce drugs.
Little quantity is, according to the prepared law, less than 20 cigarettes of marijuana or three flowers of hemp. In the case of magic mushrooms the upper limit for little quantity is 25 pieces.
The government regulation was to explain obscurities around when it is distribution or drug possession for personal use. The laws which were used until now didn’t respond to the liberal nature of the Czech Republic.
Theme: Czech law
- Marihuana almost decriminalized in the Czech Republic [January 8 2009, 15:26 PM]
- Taxis in Prague are going to be yellow only [January 5 2009, 11:39 AM]
- Proposal of Solving Czech Gipsy Ghettos [December 10 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Tying Czech Football Hooligans [December 9 2008, 13:36 PM]
- Czech Neo-Nazi group will be banned [November 25 2008, 13:22 PM]
- Czech M.P. Against Sex With 14 Year Olds [November 18 2008, 09:12 AM]
- Sex With a Fourteen? Doctors are against the new law. [November 14 2008, 09:19 AM]
- Legal Age in Czech Republic: Now 14, criminal responsibility, papers, sex [November 12 2008, 16:41 PM]
- Marihuana is Common in the Czech Republic [November 7 2008, 08:39 AM]
- Anti-hooligan law proposal in Czech Republic [November 4 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Spitted-out chews have cost 200.000 czk already [August 4 2008, 09:33 AM]
- Alleged police Murderer goes to court for killing American [July 31 2008, 11:24 AM]
- The new no-public-drinking law can be eluded [July 18 2008, 13:24 PM]
- Public Drinking in Prague Banned at some Places [July 7 2008, 15:55 PM]
- The police really checks if the new law is adhered [July 3 2008, 09:16 AM]
- Fines for chewing gums and pigeons feeding in Prague [July 2 2008, 09:50 AM]
- New Laws in Prague - No Chewing gum spitting! [July 1 2008, 13:18 PM]
- To spit out a chewing gum in Prague is now illegal [June 12 2008, 17:47 PM]
- Personal License Plate soon available in CR [June 11 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Parking Zones in Prague [May 28 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Vaclav Klaus loses a trial [May 26 2008, 16:03 PM]
- Czech Anti-smoking Law – new chapters [May 23 2008, 15:43 PM]
- Case of Prague Traffic Lights: Art Prize Abroad, Penalty in CR [May 22 2008, 13:49 PM]
- Czech Anti-smoking law too strong, proposals of softening [May 21 2008, 09:50 AM]
- Judges against parental physical punishments ban [May 13 2008, 17:49 PM]