At first, it seems crystal clear. Ukraine doesn’t want to pay world prices of gas to Russia, and so it blackmails Moscow by stopping the transit through its territory, respectively by stealing so much from Russian supplies to Europe Ukrainians wouldn’t freeze and Kiev could negotiate better price with Moscow.
Maybe we could believe that, if that wouldn’t be the case of business run almost solely by mafia, if we could say there is democracy in Russia, and not the “sovereign democracy” which is only a facade. So the whole action with stopping the gas seen in wider context brings new explanations.
The whole matter can be nothing but a performance of Kremlin with three base aims – to corrupt Ukrainian convergence with the EU, punish Kiev for the December agreement with the USA about strategic partnership and to put through expensive and problematic project of Baltic gas main.
Theme: Point of view
- Fictive Atomic Bomb Explosion on TV was For Fun! [February 9 2009, 17:53 PM]
- Russian Gas Didn't Arrive to EU... Why? [January 14 2009, 11:20 AM]
- Putin Shows the Real Russia: Gas Stopped [January 9 2009, 12:16 PM]
- More Tourists go to Prague! Where do they accomodate? [January 6 2009, 11:19 AM]
- The Blob library only represents legality [December 12 2008, 11:34 AM]
- I am sad to say Vaclav Klaus doesn't have to care what he does anymore [November 7 2008, 12:39 PM]
- Save your money, sleep in hostels in Prague [September 11 2008, 07:19 AM]
- Vaclav Klaus and Georgia [August 27 2008, 12:19 PM]
- Vaclav Klaus was Complimented by Russia for his Critique of Georgia [August 19 2008, 13:59 PM]
- Czech Porn King Rosenberg was Released on Probation [August 12 2008, 13:56 PM]
- Prague – The city of Sex shops [July 30 2008, 08:21 AM]
- Klaus uses his Boycott of National Library for Self-promotion [April 23 2008, 09:58 AM]
- A Czech Politician talks about Global Warming in the US: This Time not Amateur Speech [April 22 2008, 15:49 PM]
- Prague Hosted Elite Model World [April 22 2008, 09:55 AM]