More than a thousand people demonstrated against the planned US Radar base in the Czech republic. It was communists who organized the meeting at Paladskeho Namesti. At the end of their protest march they handled a letter on the USA Embassy. The letter was addressed to Barrack Obama.
Of course, as it is common during those events, nobody openly admitted that the very possibility to assemble and demonstrate is a democratic privilege, which the Czech Republic have thanks to the fact we didn’t let the communists in power.
“We assume, that by building a military radar station the Czech Republic and their citizens became a tool of one-side economical, military and international politics of the USA.” the letter says.
It is strange that in the time when Russia is as puffed as a pouted pigeon and variously attacks surrounding countries either physically, or by blackmailing them, there is still a certain group who would love to unite with them.
Theme: On The Streets of Prague
- Czech Communists gathered to protest against Radar [February 2 2009, 15:57 PM]
- Peace Oasis at Prague Islands at construction [January 26 2009, 17:18 PM]
- Viselec returned to Prague [January 22 2009, 15:33 PM]
- Illuminated Sculptures in the Streets of Prague [January 8 2009, 13:55 PM]
- Some gambling houses to disappear from Prague [January 5 2009, 11:41 AM]
- The Royal Route in Prague renowned [November 28 2008, 15:12 PM]
- Copa Centre on Narodni Trida – Offices, Flats, Shopping.... [November 12 2008, 12:45 PM]
- Narodi Trida in Prague closes in summer 2009 [November 11 2008, 16:33 PM]
- Neo-nazis wanted to march through Prague, weren't allowed [November 11 2008, 12:51 PM]
- Kocka's burial: 3 pairs of horses [October 22 2008, 10:23 AM]
- Bronze paving stones – little Jew monuments in Prague [October 9 2008, 09:39 AM]
- Zizkov Tower Upgrade This Monday [October 3 2008, 11:41 AM]
- Narodni Trida Station is going to be Closed [September 23 2008, 09:39 AM]
- Video: Tourist trip to Prague – fun, happy [September 12 2008, 12:50 PM]
- Destination Unknown Prague, Czech Republic [August 15 2008, 17:54 PM]
- Art Phone = Phone boots with an attitude [July 24 2008, 09:35 AM]
- Prague charity project - buy a brick, help to build [July 9 2008, 08:35 AM]
- In the end the Sausages from Wenceslas square have to go [July 3 2008, 15:22 PM]
- Prague Bans Public Drinking ... Soon ... ? [June 12 2008, 09:46 AM]
- Olympic Day Run in Prague [June 10 2008, 17:31 PM]
- Czechs cheering – Football team beaten Switzerland [June 9 2008, 11:45 AM]
- The famous Zizkov Tower will get an upgrade [June 6 2008, 14:16 PM]
- Caricatures of Prophet Mohamed appeared in Prague [May 30 2008, 09:21 AM]
- Five Thousand Contestants Participe Prague Marathon [May 12 2008, 09:48 AM]
- 1st May and Neo-nazi gathering [May 5 2008, 12:02 PM]