The National Technical museum at Letna has changed quite a lot by its last reconstruction. The visitors have a lot to look forward to – among others for spaces, which have never been publicly accessible. Levels, which were for many years occupied by interior and defense ministers and cartographers.
The museum has been closed for two years now. The first visitors can come in probably in September 2010 at the 100th anniversary of its opening. The reconstruction worth 600 millions czk aims to return the building its later-functionalist shape, given to it in 30’s by the architect Milan Babuska, and lately changed by the communists.
The museum has over 800 archive funds, wide set of photographs, designs and graphics. The specialized technical library has over 200t volumes of technical literature. The collection jewels are e.g. the Spitfire used by Czech pilots during WWII, and a plane from 1911, with which the first long-distance flight over the Czech land was made.
- Johannes Kepler museum to open in Prague [January 26 2009, 09:23 AM]
- Czech National Technical Museum Reconstruction [October 2 2008, 17:26 PM]
- Growing Interest in Industrial Sights – Prague builds modern Industrial Museums [August 5 2008, 15:57 PM]
- The National Museum closes many departments during summer [July 24 2007, 10:06 AM]
- Don't miss museums in Prague for free [May 21 2007, 10:05 AM]
- Langweil's model of Prague on display again [April 12 2007, 16:19 PM]
- Twelve museums in Prague with one card [March 26 2007, 14:36 PM]
- Langweil model of Prague will be displayed again [March 23 2007, 16:43 PM]
- Main building of the National Museum temporarily closed [March 15 2007, 09:58 AM]
- Langweil model of Prague will be digitized [February 7 2007, 13:42 PM]
- Reconstruction of the National Museum [December 14 2006, 13:38 PM]
- Museum complex on Wenceslas Square [November 15 2006, 11:22 AM]
- National technical museum will be closed for year and a half [September 6 2006, 16:34 PM]
- A dinosaur might be coming to Prague [July 28 2006, 11:05 AM]
- National museum falls [July 12 2006, 21:35 PM]